[Ti] Tiny TinBook: First Impressions

Stephen Chakwin schak at ix.netcom.com
Wed Feb 12 15:53:20 PST 2003

Interestingly enough, in classical Greek, the word "tin" is a
demonstrative pronoun roughly equivalent to "this" or "such a" as an
emphatic, so "tin book" would have a double connotation (at least for
any classical Greeks reading the postings) of not only book made of
tin, but book being pointed out with special emphasis.

That being said, I don't think the new proposal is any more worthy of
getting off the ground than Steve W's "mebook".  Powerbook or something
plain vanilla and material-neutral probably has a better chance of
lasting longer.  After all, do we want to change the name every two
years as Apple works its way arond the periodic table?  (I don't want
to know about Plutonium books!!)

Stephen