[Ti] Not Waking from Sleep

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Thu Feb 13 08:12:59 PST 2003

On Thursday, February 13, 2003, at 01:29  pm, Jesse Brown wrote:

> Over the last week I've noticed an inability to wake from sleep on my
> 1GHz
> PB G4. It's got 1 GB of Ram stock from Apple.

OK are you sure that when this happens the computer isn't in fact
waking correctly but the display backlight isn't activating?

Under bright light you can get very close to the screen and just about
"see" the images even when the backlight is off?

>  I've also noticed an
> intermittent problem with the display going crazy and showing fades and
> horizonal lines and then stopping.

odd. I did I have some odd display problems (with my G4 400) in some
ways similar to what you have detailed (although mine had no problems
waking --was just the screen as I detailed above).

I took the unit straight back to the dealer and they gave me a
replacement. My hunch was that it was the ribbon cable connecting the
display to the graphics logic board, since twisting the frame of the
display helped...

--
Tarik Bilgin
Opalblue