External Firewire Casing Problem

Jrande leejrande at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 13 15:53:59 PST 2003

Hi Everyone,

I have a problem with my Icecube Combo External HDD
case that I use with my PC, formatted as a FAT32
partition. The configuration worked fine with my
powerbook when I run OS9.2 where the powerbook was
capable of detecting and accessing the HDD. However,
the Icecube could not mount on Jaguar 10.2.4. The
system was capable of detecting the HDD as I could
read information from the Disk Utility. Is this a bug
or am I doing something wrong? I read somewhere that
OS10+ might have a problem with the Oxford 911 chipset
in the HDD casing but I also found out that the
problem was solved in 10.1.1. One technique, I
understand, would be to format the disk into HFS+
format but I really need to make use of a FAT32 HDD. I
hope those who have similar experiences will be
helpful enough to supply relevant information.

JranDe Lee