[Ti] airport extreme

Fred fred at mindstate.com
Thu Feb 13 22:14:17 PST 2003

On 2/13/03 11:35 PM, "Robert Ameeti" <robert at ameeti.net> wrote:

>> Just a heads up on Airport Extreme and 802.11g and such. Interesting article
>> in last weeks eWeek magazine I thought. My AP extreme functioning well, but I
>> did find this a bit interesting.
>>
>> http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,3959,864163,00.asp
>
> The article sounds like it was written by a salesman for a company that is
> wanting to see the 802.11a standard succeed. It sounded *very* biased to me
> from all that I've read on the net.

Maybe, who knows. From what I have read, it did seem a bit off, but still
interesting.

Someone else on another list stated the same reasons I bought my AP extreme,
external antenna, built-in USB print server, and remote dial-in
capabilities.
Firmware, etc., can certainly be updated and is  something Apple is known
for.

 But I still felt that the article would be worth bringing into the list.

FRED