[Ti] Software Update everybody

Chris Olson chris at mercury1.astcomm.net
Thu Feb 13 22:52:03 PST 2003

> Bill Reburn tapped out this message on 2/13/2003 5:35 PM
>
>> "The 10.2.4 Update delivers enhanced functionality and improved
>> reliability
>> for the following applications, services and technologies: Address
>> Book,
>> Classic compatibility, Finder, FireWire, Graphics, OpenGL, and
>> Sherlock. It
>> includes AFP and Windows file service improvements, as well as audio,
>> disc
>> recording, graphics, and printing improvements."

For web developers who use your Apache webserver with PHP on your Mac
to develop PHP webpages, be advised that this latest upgrade replaces
your /etc/httpd/httpd.conf file for Apache and disables PHP for you,
without warning.  This is unacceptable for any upgrade on any unix
system, although whoever wrote the upgrade scripts were intelligent
enough to at least save a copy of the old config file named
httpd.conf.applesaved in the same directory.  I was developing a PHP
front end to a MySQL database, and downloaded the upgrade while working
on my PHP scripts.  I was somewhat irritated that the machine had to be
restarted after the upgrade installed, and even more irritated after
restart when my webserver configuration was broken.

--
Chris Olson
Administrator