"Services" problem Update

b galahad9 at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 14 09:32:02 PST 2003

Well, as it is my policy to say "Ouch" when something hurts, it is
also a belief that I have that if the alarm raised was false [maybe,
hopefully] then I should say that , too.

So, this morning I got a letter back from Barebones Software [makers
of BBEdit]. They said that their test of the 10.2.4 update did NOT
adversely effect BBEdit's being accessible through "Services".

So, what that means is that some other application I use is causing a
conflict with something in the Updater.  I'm afraid it's my Ittec
menu enhancement app. I sure hope not, as Ittec is easily the most
useful, unobtrusive 'enhancement'-type software I've used.

But there you have it. I've heard of a couple of other problems folks
are having, [which I didn't have, that being the nature of things],
so, just wanted to pass this info along, in case someone was
reluctant to do the update based on anything to do with my unhappy
'situation' here.

as you were,
~flipper