[Ti] TiBook dies when put to sleep

Richard Edwards richard.e at btclick.com
Fri Feb 14 13:22:16 PST 2003

>I am new to this list, so please forgive me if this issue has been dealt
>with before.
>
>My wife's 800 MHz 15" TiBook (running on 10.2.3) has a weird problem.  When
>she closes the screen and thus puts it to sleep, sometimes the computer will
>be off when she raises the lid again -- like it just shut down (quite
>unceremoniously) when she closed the lid.  This seems to happen only when
>she is running on battery (and always when the battery was nearly fully
>charged), but it doesn't happen very often.  Any ideas why?

well u r not alone :)
had same problem and another which is that if I'm moving the Computer
room to room with mains lead have to unplug from the computer not the
mains otherwise the computer fails and needs a restart  [all on full
battery] ...asked on the usual lists but no one has responded which
makes me feel the problems may be rare...suggest u try the apple
folks if in warranty...

Richard