Update/"Services" Woes [slight reprise]

b galahad9 at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 16 09:19:57 PST 2003

Not to flog a dead horse, but I took some advice and eliminated all
3rd-party 'enhancements from my drive. Rebooted, de-fragged, erased
'free' space, Repaired permissions, rebuilt desktop, and Directory,
and still, my BBEdit menu in "Services" contains only two routines:
Open File with..." and "Open selection with..."

Does anyone still have 7 or 8 routines in their Services menu, after
having done the 10.2.4 update?

The problem obviously wasn't Tinker Tool [which, BTW, is not a
'nostalgic for OS 9 days" app], nor was it Alias Menu or any other.

Also, what's this about the "Combo update"? Is that something that
might be of benefit to someone who updated from 10.2.3 to 10.2.4? Or
is it only for those who went from a previous 'build' [i.e. 10.2.2 or
earlier] to the latest one?

~flipper