[Ti] Netgear vs. Airport

Victor Eijkhout eijkhout at cs.utk.edu
Mon Feb 17 20:05:30 PST 2003

>  > -- does it have a serial port so that you can connect over modem in
>>  case of emergency
>>  -- does it have ether ports out
>
>The Airport seems to be the only one that has the modem, additional for
>$250. The Netgear has multiple ethernet ports.

I have an SMC which has an in for a modem and 4 (I think) ether outs.
It used to cost $200-something at CompUSA, but that was 2 years ago.

So far I've had no complaints about it. Configuration through your browser.
--
Victor Eijkhout <eijkhout at cs.utk.edu>
tel: 865 974 9308 (W), 865 673 6998 (H), 865 974 8296 (F)