[Ti] Big windows-mac troubles

Vince vincejr at ufl.edu
Tue Feb 18 20:17:08 PST 2003

Most of my file transfers are folders full of files, like 200 files totaling 200-500mb.  About half the time a copy from the win2k server works and completes....copies TO the win2k server almost always fail....I'm at the point where i cannot backup files and I really need to get to the 100 gigs of space just waiting for me....

Other types of connection to the server also fail, like windows remote desktop....it gets disconnected and hangs....

I have the exact same setup at you do, win2k server, smc access point, apple ti book w/airport card, server connected via ethernet.... we are using encryption here but that shouldnt mess things up....my cat 5 cables are in good shape too...

I'm stumped at this point....

vince

someone else wrote:::

Just curious, but just how large of files are you talking about?  Just
last week, I successfully transferred files of 922MB, 562MB, 316MB and
a few just over 100MB from my powerbook to a win2k machine wirelessly.
I'm using an Airport card and an SMC WAP and the win2k machine is wired
to the router.  802.11g may not handle large files better, but it would
definitely be faster.

-Neil

-------
http://rainer3.com