[Ti] Word Search

Massimo Marino Massimo_Marino at lbl.gov
Thu Feb 20 14:37:22 PST 2003

It is called "Indexing" and of course is not limited to a Word document
but to every little piece of crap you might end to have in every little
file in your system. Mac had it well before OS X. You have it on OS X
as well though.

The first time you index a volume the process takes some times then it
is incremental. It allows you to answer yourself questions like: "I
remember I had seen the word 'crap' in one of my files but do not
remember if it was an email, a text, a pdf, a picture, or whatever!! Ah
if only I had my volumes indexed!".

It is like doing a glorified 'grep -r' or 'find' to the highest level
of file system intrusiveness. Select a volume/folder/sub-directory, the
get the Info and go to "Content Index".

Cheers