[Ti] [OT] Micro$oft acquires Virtual PC - the kiss of death ?

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Fri Feb 21 01:35:01 PST 2003

On Friday, February 21, 2003, at 05:55  am, Paul Russell wrote:

>> On  Thu, 20 Feb 2003 19:49:53 -0500 Mike Stanley
>> <macguy at guarded-inn.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>  I think this is a bit paranoid and I'd be willing to bet it will
>>> turn
>>>  out to be unfounded.
>>
>> Well, I have a pretty long memory. Think back to the acquisitions that
>> Symantec made when they swallowed up Delrina and 5th Generation. Do
>> you see
>> any of the innovative products that those two companies had developed?

aye, this is indeed, sad news for us.

This does mean that if MS _doesn't_ improve on and continue to support
a VPC style product on the Mac platform, there will be room for a new
competitor in this market.

PC emulation has (for obvious reasons) always been popular on the Mac
from my anecdotal experience, although I have never gone for it
(preferred to build a "cheap and cheerful" Windows box which I use when
I "really" need a PC for some VBA development or something.).

Interesting to see what happens to this. If you need VPC on your Ti, my
advice is buy a copy today :)

--
Tarik