[Ti] More 17" Delays.....

Bill Reburn bill at pacificcoast.net
Fri Feb 21 06:49:58 PST 2003

Unfortunately I am just totally not surprised.

Why do us Apple owners go through this EVERYTIME a new model is released? We
all know Apple plays the pre-release announcements this way. How or why
people just have to wrap their lives around buying a computer I do not know.

Like I said to those who were expecting to get there machines when
originally informed - don't get your hopes up!

I am not supporting what they're doing.. It's just that this is NOT new.
Not to mention, considering this is a first generation release - what are
the delays really about?

On 2/20/03 9:28 PM, "Benn" <joverkamp at earthlink.net> wrote:

> MacNN reader Roger Baerwolf writes: "I was just informed that my 17²
> PowerBook ordered from Apple¹s Web store during Jobs¹ keynote at
> MacWorld, has been pushed from a Feb. 20 ship date to April 10th! A
> three-month wait from announcement!" Mr. Baerwolf says he will consider
> canceling his order. Update: A number of MacNN readers report that
> while Apple specifies distant delivery dates, shipments usually arrive
> far earlier. Carlos Pero writes "please note 4/10 is 7 weeks from
> today, which is the longest you would wait if you were ordering it
> today on the Apple Store." Update: Roger Baerwolf writes back:
> "According to the phone staffer I spoke with at Apple, the machines
> ordered the day of the announcement will now not be available any
> earlier than March 20th and as late as April 10th, a total wait of
> 10-13 weeks from the date of the announcement."
>
> *sigh*
>
> Benn

Bill Reburn