[Ti] New Dazzle 4 in 1 doesn't seem to play nice...

Steve Wozniak steve at woz.org
Sat Feb 22 14:19:30 PST 2003

At 1:36 PM -0800 2/22/03, Jim Soriano wrote:

>...the Dazzle 4in1 PC Card for use with SD and MMC cards...results in hung system -- running 10.2.4 ...try it again.  This time the PC card icon appears on the menu bar but only has a pop-down menu item allowing me to power down the card.  The MMC never mounts or otherwise appears on the desktop.

PC Card icon in the menu bar?

iPhoto would be launching at this point (unless changed).

>I popped it out and inserted a new 32MB SanDisk SD card.  Same thing -- PC card icon appears but the "drive" doesn't mount.

SanDisk SD cards do work, but I haven't tried a 32 MB one. I've never tried an MMC card with my Dazzle adapter.

>The ultra-embarassing thing is that if I put the adapter and card in my W2K Dell Latitude CPx it works just fine -- files and all are there.

Bad PCMCIA connector in your Ti? Bad card that only affects some computers?

Suggestions:

-try another Dazzle card.
-try some other adapter card.
-make sure iPhoto launches successfully, at least with USB connection to your camera
-what makes a card icon in your menu bar?
-any other utilities that might intercept a card that is mounting?
--

Regards,

Steve  (is tv wake zone?)