[Ti] Eye TV do we believe the hype?

Shawn King shawn at yourmaclife.com
Sat Feb 22 17:43:42 PST 2003

On 2/22/03 6:52 PM, "Robert Nicholson" <robert at elastica.com> wrote:

> Well I'm in Chicago in a new apartment and I need a TV and I'm thinking
> I don't want to buy the ordinary kind.
>
> So, anybody used this product yet?

Yes. It works just fine.

> On a DVI Ti can you view the playback full screen under X?

Yes.

Q. Can EyeTV play back at Full Screen?

A. Yes. The EyeTV hardware captures at a fixed resolution of 352
by 240 pixels and compresses both video and audio to MPEG-1. The
frame rate is full NTSC 29.97 fps. There are two quality settings.
These do not change the capture resolution but affect the data capture
rate. Standard quality captures at 170 kB/sec. Using this setting
the captured video can be burned to a Video CD using Toast Titanium.
High quality captures at 340 kB/sec. Both standard quality and high
quality recordings can be exported as QuickTime movies. Playback
is at the following sizes: Dock, 1/2 Normal, Normal (320x240), Double,
Maximum, and Full Screen.
<http://www.elgato.com/eyeTV/faq.html#faq14>

Shawn King
On this week's YML:
PerversionTracker.com, GeekSpeak & Konfabulator!
http://www.yourmaclife.com