[Ti] new tibook arrival

Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Sun Feb 23 00:03:13 PST 2003

At 01:42 -0600 23-2-2003, t molnar wrote:
>Thanks for the feedback Daniel, Flipper, and Trevor.
>
>I have a 1 Ghz top of the line tibook, 60 ghz etc..

nice!

>Trevor...what size partitions are you using for VPC?

My VPC partition of my 40 Gb disk is 5 Gb.
I have several VPC disks:

W98 E drive
W98 D Drive
W98 C Drive
Virtual PC Drive XP
Virtual PC Drive [TJH]
Virtual PC Drive [D]

These are all dynamic drives, which expand to the size needed.  That
is a great feature, in terms of managing your disk space.

>With the installer can I direct it to install OS 9.X on a different
>partition than the OS X?

My Ti-500 is of course pre-X vintage, so I only had an OS 9 install
disk .....!!
Your Ti may one of the last machines where you still can boot in OS9.
I would be very surprised indeed if the Apple Install software does
not allow you to choose the disk where you want to install.  In any
case, with OS9, you can just copy the whole Systsem disk to where
tyou want, and that makes the new partition bootable.  No Carbon Copy
Cloning was necessary.

regards,  Trevor