[Ti] [OT] Micro$oft acquires Virtual PC

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Sun Feb 23 08:33:02 PST 2003

On  Sat, 22 Feb 2003 23:32:31 -0500 T.L.Miller <tlmiller at mac.com> wrote:

> If there were no VPC and users who had to run PC apps. would likely ditch
> the Mac. Controlling VPC allows MS to hold a high card if Apple gets too
> uppity. The volume MS gets from the copies of Windows that come w/ VPC is
> likely to be chump-change to them

Precisely the point of my original post. This is exactly why MS will dump
VPC.

Which opens up the question, why doesn't Apple build the ability to have a
Windows partition on all Macs into a future version of the OS X? It could do
everything that VPC does and better - since it would be more stable.

Hey, from what I here Jobs is already looking into the possibility of using
Intel processors in future Macs. That would make it even more simple.

Apple could have a Mac OS X/Windows dual booting machine on the market and
have the world once again beat a path to 1 Infinite Loop.

Jg