[Ti] [OT] Micro$oft acquires Virtual PC

b galahad9 at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 23 10:49:04 PST 2003

According to Warwick Teale:

>Rob, your have "hit the nail on the head". Yes is this IS the case
>for me. I need MS OUTLOOK EXCHANGE for work corporate EMAIL access
>THROUGH a VPN router with a WINDOWS BLACKICE firewall.... so no can
>do this with OSX - because NO BLACKICE.exe for OSx  ... so it's
>either VPC ora REAL IBM thinkpad with IWN2K - necessity for sure

Hello W,

Well, all I will add here is that Win2kPro runs great in VPC on a
Ti-Book. Very stable, and by virtue of the 'saved state' created when
closing down VPC, it re-launches much faster on the Mac than on most
PCs. Plus, you get that 'eerie' bonus of seeing the MS logo, and
whatnot, coming up on a Mac screen. But, seriously, it's stable, and
if you use XP instead of Win2k you also have full drag-and-drop
between the MS OS and X. Very handy.

~flipper