[Ti] Invisible Dock

b galahad9 at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 23 11:47:37 PST 2003

According to Matt:

>I could argue that the increased opacity adds functionality but
>you're likely to shoot that down too. If you're arguing against
>aesthetics without functionality you can throw much of os x out the
>window all together.

No Kidding!!! Like Aqua, for starters, which is 'eye candy' and a
large drain on Memory and CPU usage. Sheesh, open Process Viewer
sometime and then open an 'empty' folder from the desktop, and watch
what happens to CPU and memory, just to display an empty window. I
choose to use it, because I have a lot of RAM, there's no rush
[unless I've procrastinated re: a deadline], and I prefer the OS to
OS 9. But 9 is faster, probably because it is logical vis a vis the
resources required to perform mundane routines.

>I was simply stating my actual experience with the software, not
>pontificating without having used it for an extended period. There's
>no reason to jump down someone's throat for their personal
>preferences.

No comment. Most of the Apple installed base appreciates being able
to set up their computers in a manner that suits them. It is much
easier to set prefs on a Mac, than on a PC running Windows. But it's
a double-edged bonus. I'll take my chances, and if experience shows
that a pref or utility is creating instability, I trash it. Where's
the controversy?

~flipper