[Ti] new tibook arrival

b galahad9 at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 23 12:12:52 PST 2003

According to cbirds:

>b tapped out this message on 2/23/2003 2:13 PM
>
>>I would add that once the size of the partitions is set, you use the
>>OS 9 installer, first, and install 9. Then install OSX on the
>>partition you've created for it. The OSX installer will not load any
>>OS 9 software, so there's no 'magic' involved, nor is there any fear
>>of dupplicate OS folders, etc.
>

>I tried to do just this and got the message that 9 could NOT be installed
>unless from X partition and booted from X....<sigh> I still can't figure
>it out. The 9 CD is not bootable......the installer is one of those weird
>.pkg files.

Ohhh, that sounds like one of the machines that can't be booted from
9, only X, or using 'Classic' to access OS 9-only apps.

I wonder now. Maybe you should go ahead and install OSX [since you
don't appear to have a choice], and pick the partition you want it
on, as part of the Install process. Then, when you do the OS9 .pkg
install, just pick another partition as the target of the package
installer. I don't think you have a 'problem' there. The pkg
installers are handy, and will still offer you the opportunity to
point the install at the drive or partition of your choice. As long
as you set your partitions up, in advance, the way you want them, you
should have no problem.

~flipper