[Ti] a Mac OS X/Windows dual booting machine

b galahad9 at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 23 16:37:43 PST 2003

According to Robert Ameeti:

>  >On 2/23/03 10:33 AM, "John Griffin" <jwegriffin at mac.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Apple could have a Mac OS X/Windows dual booting machine on the
>>>market and have the world once again beat a path to 1 Infinite
>>>Loop.
>>
>>Apple has had them in the past and the world beat no such path.
>>
>>Shawn King
>
>C'mon Shawn. You know that machine was a dog waiting to be shot.
>Create a machine that has some guts and the results could be
>different.

I don't know which Mac that was, that Shawn was referring to,
although I remember the existence of it. However, I do remember, all
too well, the existence of those "Orange" PC boards that jacked into
the CPU [a daughterboard, maybe?] and gave the user a 286 or 386 to
use, inside the Mac. VPC is cheaper and better.

As well, by virtue of using VPC on a Mac, we can have a 95, 98,
Win2k, and XP system ready to go,on one box, something that, as far
as I know,can't be done with a PC, UNLESS it's running VPC for
Windows. Not that I'd want to, but having 98, and Win2k, or XP,is
actually useful. I tossed 98, but now run, albeit very infrequently,
Win2kPro and XP, side-by-side with OSX jaguar.

And yes, the previous Mac machine, dog or not, was a colossal failure
as far as buyers were concerned. VPC, itself, has improved
tremendously since VPC 4 [and previous releases].

~flipper