ot: how to configure airport base station for FTP with NAT+PAT (port map) for ports 20-21 (FTP) with AAU?

Warwick Teale warwick_teale at mac.com
Sun Feb 23 17:48:22 PST 2003

Guys, some help if you have it.

How do I set up the airport base station with the Airport Admin utility
(AAU) via port mapping for FTP using ports 20-21.

I need to have FTP access to my Ti for a large xfer.

I have done the following with no success...

a) the Airport base station: - using the AAU app..
- mapped ports 20-21 to ip address 10.0.1.201 (this Ti667) and posrt 20
- 21 (two lines of addition)
- left NAT enabled (singe IP address)
- restarted the airport base station.

ran NETWORK UTILITY/PORT SCAN on the ISP suppled IP address for my
airport base station - ONLY PORT 5009 active??????? I should see port
20-21 open shoudn't I.. else some pass through to the 10.0.1.201 FTP
agent on this OSX?

b) my Ti667 -
- My Ti667 (OSX 10.2.4)  is behind my airport base station using NAT
with G4's and IBMthinkpad - all wireless..
- set this mac up to use STATIC IP at 10.0.1.201 (any ip) on this zone.
- enabled SHARING/ FTP

results:
- "connection refused" when FTPing to the airport base station IP
address (from behind the base station).. assume that is ok.
- can connect to 10.0.1.201 from WITHIN the airport zone.. any  ip
address behind the airport base station under NAT (naturally in the hub)

any ideas???