[Ti] new tibook arrival

cbirds cbirds at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 23 18:58:07 PST 2003

b tapped out this message on 2/23/2003 3:12 PM

>I wonder now. Maybe you should go ahead and install OSX [since you
>don't appear to have a choice], and pick the partition you want it
>on, as part of the Install process. Then, when you do the OS9 .pkg
>install, just pick another partition as the target of the package
>installer. I don't think you have a 'problem' there. The pkg
>installers are handy, and will still offer you the opportunity to
>point the install at the drive or partition of your choice. As long
>as you set your partitions up, in advance, the way you want them, you
>should have no problem.

I suppose this shouldn't be a problem because there is nothing on this
machine yet since I bought it, so I can afford to experiment, but
wondering if this fails, how I would restore the system to how it came? I
know this procedure inside and out for all models before this, even how
to get the programs out of the bundled stuff and put everything back and
update it......but this X thing with two systems running side by side is
a little sticky when you throw in partitions and the fact that the
machine will not run on 9 alone, and that you don't have a 9 CD that will
boot it (my latest universal install CD won't) even though it has a
separate system folder for 9 as well as the "classic" ability, which
frankly I would hate to use...rather use the apps in the system they were
intended.