[Ti] Invisible Dock

Chris Olson chris at mercury1.astcomm.net
Sun Feb 23 21:17:56 PST 2003

On Sunday, February 23, 2003, at 12:37 PM, Steve Wozniak wrote:

> By the way, if you use Cocktail, you can position the dock at the top
> and it does NOT respond to cursor nearness there, as it does in the
> other 3 positions. The dock can be active (cmd-d to hide/show) but not
> pop up automatically.

It's curious how some people hate the dock, some love it, and some look
for software to modify it.  I, for one, happen to find it a way more
useful tool than the Windows task bar, or it's equivalent in KDE or
Gnome.  I use the auto-hide feature and have grown accustomed to using
the dock for a quick reference as to which applications I have open, as
well as placing my most commonly used application launcher icons on it
for convenience.  I even dragged my applications folder to the right
side of the separator line by the trash can, allowing me right click it
and bring up a popup menu where I can select my apps for startup.  The
dock is one of the features of OS X that I really like.  At least it
doesn't have a "Start" button that you have to click to shut your
computer off :-)
--
Chris