[Ti] Safari Tabs/Chimear-Safari

b galahad9 at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 24 15:13:59 PST 2003

According to Benn:

>In the mean time, I guess we all have to wait for apple to release
>the next beta to try out the tabs.  Personally, I still like Chimera
>a lot more than Safari, but I've got an open mind to switching if
>Safari can offer more of the features I want.
>
>Benn

I like Chimera a lot, too. But, because I do the Knightly Build
thing, a couple weeks ago the overnight 'build' broke two of my
most-often-used links [one of which was my online grocery
ordering/delivery...maybe I need to get out more <laughs>]. That 'put
me off' for a few days.

I've noticed an increase in the 'spinning beachball' lately, since
about a week after upgrading to 10.2.4. It seems that the first
'mouse-down' after launching most apps, is hesitant. [meaning that
the Finder or whatever system routine governs these things] is
'stuck' somehow, on the initial mouse-down, but then reverts to the
usual 'snappy' [for Aqua] feel, after the initial mouse-down.

The hesitation on mouse-downs is also very pronounced when i
right-click a word to spell-check, in Eudora, something that was a
non-issue prior to the recent 10.2.4 upgrade. I haven't noticed any
other complaints/mentions of this, which, again, leads me to question
my, er, 'experience'.

~flipper