[Ti] Titanium Only?

Bill Reburn bill at pacificcoast.net
Mon Feb 24 17:02:05 PST 2003

On 2/24/03 4:46 PM, "John Griffin" <jwegriffin at mac.com> wrote:

> On  Mon, 24 Feb 2003 14:29:23 -0500 cbirds <cbirds at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> Why not just called it the PowerBook G4 list to include any G4s?
>
> I'm with you. Perhaps an alternate would be the reverse: G4Powerbooks.
>
> But I for one still like TinBooks - I know, I know, it is shallow,
> despicable and degrading, but I like it!
>
> jg

How about moving away from the obvious and not using the metal reference at
all? Pro-Books or PowerBook G4 list sounds about right to me?

Like an iBook owner getting information from a Ti list, I may expect Al
owners to sort of feel the same (worthwhile since someone here probably owns
one, but not the best resource). I think this is easily the best list I have
been a member of, but wonder how quickly the Al / Ti signal/noise ratio
would work say, a year from now.. As an Al owner.. I probably wouldn't want
to hear of Ti issues at all. I am for allowing Al owners to join the Ti list
though. As was mentioned a lot of off-topic talk goes on but it IS directly
relevant (or supposed to be) to using your Ti, since OSX and other app's do
run differently on it.

John, quit calling it a TinBook!  ;-)   Whenever I think of the word tin I
think of things like - Kicking a tin can, symbolically referencing a piece
trash or something that sounds 'Tinny' (as in not good)..

Bill Reburn