[Ti] Safari Tabs

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Tue Feb 25 08:48:11 PST 2003

On Tuesday, February 25, 2003, at 04:17  pm, cbirds wrote:

> Dave Friesen tapped out this message on 2/25/2003 11:11 AM
>
>> v.62 is the version now publically available.
>
> About this new browser: can someone please tell me if there is ANY
> browser that works for making websites where you can just drag the
> folder
> across it and use it like a file system or just the file from the
> desktop
> to open it?

sorry I'm really confused about what you are trying to do...could you
explain again pls?

do you mean do what explorer.exe  does when running on windows? If you
"open file" from MS IE running on a mac, depending on what you point it
at and the file permissions you should get a listing of files in the
directory etc...

You won't be able to do "drag and drop" copy and deletes and so on, (in
the way you can with  explorer.exe for FTP transfers on windows).

This is a very "Windows" way of working (exploring your disk through
the web browser), and I haven't seen a browser on the Mac that does
that yet. You should also note that explorer.exe is much more than a
web browser on Windows, it is also what is the "Finder" for the Mac OS.

--
Tarik