cannot set file permissions

Eduard Hoenkamp hoenkamp at acm.org
Tue Feb 25 09:00:43 PST 2003

I simply do not manage to set the permissions on files on (non-boot)
partitions under OSX 2.2.4 Before you shoot from the hip: What I
tried in vain: (1) command line - chmod as superuser, chmod while
logged in as superuser, and vsdbutil (2) GUI - changing via 'get
info', and trying several utilities found on the web. (Note: I have
two decades of Unix behind me, so I assume it is OS X and not Unix
that does me in.)
Dazed & confused, hence grateful for your input, Eduard.