[Ti] Safari Tabs

b galahad9 at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 25 09:47:27 PST 2003

According to John Martin:

>>About this new browser: can someone please tell me if there is ANY
>>browser that works for making websites where you can just drag the folder
>>across it and use it like a file system or just the file from the desktop
>>to open it? This is tough to do from a dock, so how can I accomplish this
>>as I do with the popup windows in 9? I simply have all my projects lined
>>up at the bottom, drag the file over the browser to check the work.

I always just used "Open File" [Cmd-O] in the browser, and navigated
to the html file from there. No problem. Also, if you save your
hand-coded html as .htm you can select it and choose 'Open With' in
Get Info, to have it, or any local htm file, open with whatever
browser you wish.

If you hand-code, do you use BBEdit for that, or in conjunction with
it? If so, you can have all of your browsers in a menu and test your
code on all of them, or even side-by-side, I think.

Also, if you do use Safari at all, under the latest version, with the
Enhancer, you can open an htm file in Safari [again, using "Open
file..."] and there's a menu item that allows "Open page with", in
which, again, you can open the same page [whether it's a 'tab', URL,
or local file] in your other browsers, from right there in Safari. [I
think they 'borrowed' that idea from BBEdit].

~flipper