[Ti] Safari Tabs

cbirds cbirds at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 25 09:57:48 PST 2003

b tapped out this message on 2/25/2003 12:47 PM

>I always just used "Open File" [Cmd-O] in the browser, and navigated
>to the html file from there. No problem.

Are you kidding? If I had to do that every time I wanted to check a page
I'd be here forever.

> Also, if you save your
>hand-coded html as .htm you can select it and choose 'Open With' in
>Get Info, to have it, or any local htm file, open with whatever
>browser you wish.

No drag and drop? I use .html, always have.

>If you hand-code, do you use BBEdit for that, or in conjunction with
>it?

I use nothing. I might cheat using that for tables, but I always go in
and tweak.

> If so, you can have all of your browsers in a menu and test your
>code on all of them, or even side-by-side, I think.

Yes that is one of the good things about BBEdit.

>Also, if you do use Safari at all, under the latest version, with the
>Enhancer, you can open an htm file in Safari [again, using "Open
>file..."]

That is what I am trying to avoid. Why can't I drag it over the face of
the open browser? Does that work?

> and there's a menu item that allows "Open page with", in
>which, again, you can open the same page [whether it's a 'tab', URL,
>or local file] in your other browsers, from right there in Safari. [I
>think they 'borrowed' that idea from BBEdit].

File>Open is what I am trying to avoid........