[Ti] a Mac OS X/Windows dual booting machine

b galahad9 at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 25 10:30:11 PST 2003

According to Mike Stanley:

>Your friend flipped because you compared two completely different -
>not even remotely related things?

Crazy old world, no? <laughs>  yeah, he thought it was pretty cool.
But then, expecting good scientific analysis/comparison from a
graphics guy [my friend] isn't exactly a rational expectation,
either, is it?

>That would be like me comparing how fast my TiBook recovers from
>being asleep and the amount of time it takes my G4 to boot-up.
>
>VMWare on the PC side (which outperforms VPC on the Mac by a country
>mile, albeit probably being easier to emulate x86 hardware on x86
>hardware) can do the same "magic" saved state thing as well.
>
>That having been said, I always save the state of my VPC's as well -
>but I don't find their restore time to be anything worth flipping
>over - other than it being convenient.

Well, despite my nickname, I can't remember the last time I 'flipped'
over anything, but that aside, I was merely reporting his reaction,
not mine. It's all so damned subjective, eh?

And convenience... well, for someone like myself, who works under
constant deadlines, you just said [one of] the magic word[s]. Still
not 'flipping' though. :=)

~flipper