[Ti] Codek's VirtualDesktop

Bill Reburn bill at pacificcoast.net
Wed Feb 26 08:19:51 PST 2003

On 2/26/03 7:59 AM, "Victor Eijkhout" <eijkhout at cs.utk.edu> wrote:

>> Hi all
>>
>> Anyone using Codek's VirtualDesktop on their PowerBook? Comments?
>> Likes? Dislikes?
>
> It's been very stable over the months that I've used it. I love it.
>
> There were some minor bugs in earlier versions, but the current
> version seems to be pretty much error free.
>
> I love this thing. Even with doing all my real work in Xdarwin in
> full screen mode (and having about 10 desktops permanently open
> there) I couldn't live without this thing.
>
> Desktop 1: iCal, Address Book, and mailboxes window of Eudora always
> open. That's where I read and answer email.
>
> Desktop 2: iTunes and the iTunes Music folder open, plus downloaded
> music and such.
>
> Desktop 3: browser (and newsreader), typically with pages I keep open
> for reference.
>
> Desktop 4: email messages that need handling over the next day or 2,
> assorted open projects.
>
> And like I said, none of this is actually work.

Do you guys know anyone using this in a dual monitor setup? How does that
work?

Does each Virtual Desktop contain the Ti/External monitor real estate? Or
just the external/main?

This might be the App of the year for me.. Between the Design apps I use for
work and the rest of what I like to keep running - I have had to battle a
never ending war of hiding and minimizing windows. Often a program won't
properly hide it's palettes causing annoying overlap on the Ti screen (The
Palette Farm©).

Bill Reburn