[Ti] OT wireless access

Victor Eijkhout eijkhout at cs.utk.edu
Thu Feb 27 09:45:52 PST 2003

>  His hotel has cable internet- how would you go about putting access
>in?  buy a Linksys 802.11b base and set it up

Presumably. The hardware is easy.

>  - use encryption so only those that have a room would have access to it?

That's the nasty part.

I had a long layover in the Dallas airport the other day, and was
pleasantly surprised that they have commercial wireless. Open your
browser, and you get taken to a page where you pay ($7 for unlimited
access, expiring at midnight) and then you're set. Mail, news, ftp,
everything worked.

You probably need to write something like that.
--
Victor Eijkhout <eijkhout at cs.utk.edu>
tel: 865 974 9308 (W), 865 673 6998 (H), 865 974 8296 (F)