[Ti] Disappointing BigAl battery life

Sam Hotchkiss ti at zlit.net
Sun Feb 23 14:59:37 PST 2003

On 4/23/03 10:44 AM, "Jeff Porten" <civitan at jeffporten.com> wrote:

> Rumor has it that much greater battery life can be had by burning DVDs
> to the internal HD and watching that versus running the DVD off the
> optical drive.  Makes sense, since the hard drive is going to be
> spinning anyway.

I'm actually ripping all of my dvds to divx, and then archiving them to
dvd-rs, so that, before I travel, I can pick the movies I want, copy them to
my hard drive, saving space, and keep my dvds in mint condition at home.
This will also let me carry around a little 10 cd case with 100 movies in it
:)

--
Samuel W. Hotchkiss
President, Contractor Services, LLC.
hotch at zlit.net

Laptop History: PB 145, PB 520c, PB 3400c, 400mhz Pismo, 400mhz TiBook,
667mhz TiBook (rev b), 1ghz TiBook