[Ti] Poll

~flipper flipper at macsrule.com
Fri Jan 3 11:49:34 PST 2003

Sam Hotchkiss offered:

>On 1/3/03 11:54 AM, "~flipper" <flipper at macsrule.com> wrote:
>
>>  The delivery happened exactly 24 hours before Mr. Jobs announced the
>>  availability of the 'new' 800 MHz Powerbook, wouldn't you know?
>
>You should have called and complained.  If it's under a week old, they'll
>replace it with the new, faster machine.

Thanks Sam,

That never would have occured to me. It being my first 'current' new
Mac since the IIg (I think it was), having been 2 or 3 generations
behind Apple's new machines the whole way, i was so amazed with the
Titanium (slept one out of three nights for the first 3 weeks or so),
that i just chalked it up to that's-the-way-it-goes.

Eight months, or so, down the road from the delivery, I am still just
as amazed with the Mac. But your advice should be considered by
anyone considering a higher-end Apple purchase ahead of one of the
four MacWorld expos.

~flipper