Apple's True Market Share v2

Alex alex at fotomotion.net
Sat Jan 4 02:03:24 PST 2003

Hello All Ti List Members

This Follows on from the previous thread that I started about Apple's
actual place in the PC Market.

I have spoken with a friend who works for a company which creates and
distributes world market databases. He has supplied me with the figures
for all the notable players in the PC market. I must say that I was
surprised by some of the details that it shows. These figures are
accurate as of yesterday, they give the Enterprise Value, Market Value,
Net income before extras, Net income Before Int & Tax, Stock
Price/Earns, Net sales and % Total Sales for the Industry. These were
supplied separately as figures for the US (35 Companies) and Global
Market (99 Companies).

As of today Apple ranks third to its US competitors and fifth in the
Worldwide Market. But bear in mind as you look at the figures, that the
companies that top the list do so with more than computers to make make
that place. For example HP-Compac have a very large non desktop
business and Fujitsu make at lot more than just computers. Also
interesting is who ranks below Apple [APPL] in the market place.

If you want to view these figures I have posted them on my .mac site.
Either go to:

http://homepage.mac.com/zifnab/FileSharing3.html

or use the iDisk Utility and type in:

zifnab

and you will get access to my public folder.

The figures are in both Excel and AppleWorks format each document
contains exactly the same data.

Happy reading.

Alex
:-)