new powerbook

t molnar tam at em.ca
Sat Jan 4 13:31:29 PST 2003

Hi everyone,
Just joined the list in anticipation of my new tibook arriving in the
next week or so.

Besides some of the service related issues people have brought up are
there any words of wisdom  people want to convey concerning getting a
new tibook up and running.  I.e. reformat and reinstall the OS or buy
certain things that will help maintenance in terms of software or
hardware??? Or whatever....

Any words of wisdom, cautions, "must have" suggestions relating to
starting up with the tibook and OS X  are welcome.

cheers,
tim m

ps....I am a long time mac user (version 6.x to 9.2.2)