"Leaking" battery charge?

John O'Brien Obi-John at Short-Trooper.org
Sat Jan 4 20:05:30 PST 2003

Hi all,

I'm the recent proud owner of a 1GHz TiBook, and after doing the
requisite three full battery charges/discharges I'm pretty much leaving
it plugged into the AC adapter all the time.

However over the past week or so the meter has been gradually going
down, by about a percentage point every few days. It's now down to 96%,
though the green light on the plug still suggests a full charge.

Is it normal for the charge to "stabilise" within a few percent under
100%? Can I expect it to go down any further? Should I panic?

TIA,
John O'Brien