[Ti] Airport Problems

Jerry Krinock dearjerry at mindspring.com
Mon Jan 6 13:39:45 PST 2003

on 03/01/05 14:33, Christopher Owens at cwosigns at mac.com wrote:

> Hey guys...
>
> For Christmas I got my roommate a Belkin  USB WiFi reciever so he can
> share my DSL connection via Airport.  But I can't seem to open the ABS
> to configure it.  I get errors that say The AirPort Admin Utility was
> unable to read the configuration of the selected base station.  Any
> ideas?

I believe you mean that:

Your computer is a Ti with an Airport card in it.
You have an Apple Airport Base Station (ABS) connected to DSL.
Your roomate has a Belkin WiFi card in his computer.

If so, this has nothing to do with the Belkin card.  I believe I have seen
the "unable to read" problem if either the Airport Admin Utility in your
computer, or the software in the ABS are down-rev.  (Understand: These are
two different softwares.)  You can download the latest softwares from Apple
and fix them.

Jerry