TV as a video monitor

Jim Reamer jna1322 at mac.com
Mon Jan 6 18:16:32 PST 2003

Hey,
    I'm trying to use my G4 PowerBook to show video in my classroom
using a TV as a monitor. I'm using a S cable for video and Y cable -
RCA to headphone jack -  for sound. On my home TV, a new JVC, I get the
desktop design but no icons and only random windows. The help window
won't show on the TV but the system preferences window does. The movie
definitely does not! Can anyone help?

    Also, I had to change my "region" when I started the DVD for the
first time. It said I have only 4 or 5 more opportunities to change. I
don't know that means but it sounds ominous.

Thanks, Jim