[Ti] VPC6 and XP

~flipper flipper at macsrule.com
Tue Jan 7 10:04:02 PST 2003

Robert Nicholson offered:

>Anybody know the secret for getting fullscreen to use all the
>display on my DVI TIbook?
>
>Currently it's only 1024x768 and there doesn't appear to be any way
>to install "Additions."

I had that problem, briefly. First thing to do is: When in XP,
right-click [or Ctl-Click] somewhere on the Windows desktop to get
your 'Properties'. In properties, select 'Settings', and you'll see
the button for resolution, screen size, etc...

Set it for the max, and reboot. When I did this, even though the
properties only showed 1024 X 768 as the 'max', on reboot it was the
same as my resolution on the LCD. As a matter of fact, because I had
it all set up to open in 'Window' rather than full-screen, I could
leave the window on my second [actual 'main' monitor] and when
hitting 'Full Screen" it took up the full screen on the 22" monitor
instead.

I assume you see a black-banded border around your XP screen, while
in "Full Screen" mode, yes? The 'additions' are internalized in
either WinXP or VPC6, not sure which. But, I had a copy of the
'Additions', which I assumed i would have to load from within the
same folder that my Windows images are in. Not so. After a restart or
two, my copy automatically detected the absence of the 'additions',
asked if I wanted to 'run' them, I said "OK", and that was that.

~flipper