[Ti] Happy 1 Ghz Powerbook users!

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Tue Jan 7 12:00:15 PST 2003

On  Tue, 7 Jan 2003 14:36:11 -0500 Ben Cheng <kenshin at mac.com> wrote:

> Well you got another month or so before the new 17" actually hits the
> streets.  Besides, if you're actually happy with the 1Ghz, what's the
> big deal?  This new one is $300 more than the previous.  Just tell
> yourself you didn't need all that extra fluff.  ;-p
>
> -Ben

Actually it is $800 more in Canada ($5299).

But the thing that really makes me mad is that I ordered a 17" Display to go
with the Powerbook. I would not have done it if this had been available at
the time. And with the stiffer keyboard, I would not be using this sometimes
clunky MacAlly iMedia piece of crap. So all things considered I would have
ended up paying quite a bit less and have gotten much more (newer Airport,
Bluetooth, ATA 100 drive, Firewire 800, nVidia 4 Graphics) - all in one neat
package.

Arrrghhh!

jg