[Ti] Safari

Charles J. Thompson charlesjt at cox.net
Tue Jan 7 15:53:57 PST 2003

At 9:11 PM +0100 1/7/03, Ole Aaen wrote:
>First impression:   GREAT - AND FAAAAAAST
>
>ole

Fast, yes.  Also insidious.  I had downloaded iPulse and Safari
together.  I launched ipulse first, and when I was reading the iPulse
HELP file (which opens automatically when iPulse is first launched),
I noticed that the HELP window was an HTML window open in Safari!  I
not launched Safari yet (or ever) and Internet Explorer was already
running,  but the iPulse HELP window opened in Safari.  Now that's
integration!

I also noticed that Safari had automatically imported my toolbar
favorites and URL cache from IE.  Can't wait to see what other magic
awaits.

But, alas, Safari flunked the COPY / Paste test.  Only IE (to my
knowledge) will copy an HTML table and paste it properly into an
Excel spreadsheet.  OmniWeb and Chimera also flunk this test.

Yes, I used the feedback link to report my finding

Cheers!
Charles