[Ti] OT: Happy 1 Ghz Powerbook users!

NaegeleWDC at aol.com NaegeleWDC at aol.com
Tue Jan 7 17:32:06 PST 2003

Aaron Kulick writes:

"To tell people to get over it or stop whining is a bit harsh and I think undeserved.  Had you spent a better part of 3000K (which unfortunately I am not equipped to do again for some time) less than 2 weeks ago you might have felt the same.  It is just a bitter pill to swallow.  I am smarter and better for the experience."

I understand the feelings, as well as those of John Griffin, Gary Wall, and others.  However, just like my Ti 800 (purchased in May, 2002), my guess is that you have fine computer that will last a very long time.  Also, we may watch others with the new machines go through "bugs" and other "growing pains," which is true of most first-generation PowerBooks from Apple.

It's a "tough crowd" on this list -- but knowledgeable, fair and very helpful -- and few of us are surprised that Apple has done what it has done.  The Ti is two-years old, and Apple wants to and needs to stay ahead of the competitive curve.  It's good for all of us.

Next, people on this list will tell you not to buy just before Macworld shows, when Apple has traditionally rolled out its newest products, and that certainly seems to be true based on my observations.  This year's show is no exception.

Enjoy your new Ti, Aaron; it is just 6 months newer than mine, and I have a "love affair" with it so far.

Finally, MBurke asks: "[S]ince we are a TiBook list...are we going to include the AlBook users?"  Definitely, . . . and retitle the list: "Al-Ti," or some other variation thereof.

Tim Naegele

www.naegele.com