[Ti] Happy 1 Ghz Powerbook users!

Loren Schooley loren at flash.net
Tue Jan 7 19:13:03 PST 2003

On 1/7/03 4:42 PM, "John Griffin" <jwegriffin at mac.com> wrote:

> On  Tue, 07 Jan 2003 12:55:38 -0800 Dave Friesen <davefriesen at mac.com>
> wrote:
>
>> There is a very good reason not to buy anything from Apple (regardless of
>> what
> they tell you, and what, are they going to leak to *you* alone that there will
> be a new Powerbook?) right before a Macworld. A thousand people here on this
> list alone could have told you this.
>>
>> Get over it.
>>

> Sorry buddy but nobody predicted this! Everyone was predicting bit things
> coming for the iMacs, iBooks and PowerMacs. Since the last release from
> Apple were the new Powerbooks, they completely blindsided everybody.
>
> Get over it? Sure I'll get over it. Dell, here I come!
>
> jg

I live in Austin and Dell tactics are well known here.
I run a development shop and we have a Dell contract. They are cheap, and
look good (MS users are attracted to the Waffen SS Black scheme), that's
about it. If anyone can get a year out of a laptop battery let me know.
They buy lot's of factory seconds by the pallet load, using the cheapest
hardware of the moment, then make the slaves slap it together.

Their newest board is last years board. The same model may have 5 different
revisions or even different model numbers inside. Open a brand new Dell,
look up the part numbers. You won't find today's gear in there until next
year which will have this years. On the flip side next year's Dell will be
an Apple two years back.

Dell is a marketing company. Their equipment is crap.

Now, jg, you put down the 1gig 15", the BEST one of the Ti line, and you use
Dell as an example of elegance and honesty. Well, this shows you have no
clue so you deserve a Dell along with all the other Wal-mart geeks.
Not only that, you're actually disgusted because rather than owning the
class Ti, you wanted the pimpin' Ho-daddy model with the long hood and
flashing lights that you didn't even know existed.

Dell. HAHAHA! Those are designed for people who "don't even want to know".