[Ti] Happy 1 Ghz Powerbook users!

~flipper flipper at macsrule.com
Tue Jan 7 21:46:53 PST 2003

Cyn offered:

>And now back to the real me: I can feel your pain, it happened to me
>a few years back. The above comments were what I got from those it
>never happened to. You won't get sympathy from those who never had
>it happen to them but you have my sympathy. Just remember, you still
>have one hell of a computer and can get top dollar if you really
>want to part with it now and move up. I didn't back when it happened
>to me and I was never sorry because I did buy the computer at the
>time because I thought it was more than enough to meet my needs.

Exactly. I, as i mentioned previously, bought a 667 Ti, that was
delivered exactly one day before Mr. Jobs announced the 800. Although
i bought through an Apple-authorized dealer, I accepted that. Having
been around for a while, it is not 'news' that there will always be
new things.

But the upshot, which won't make sense to the early adopters out
there is this: I absolutely love my Ti-Book, plain and simple. Witha
GB of RAM, and external monitor, TurboPro Mouse, and keyboards, it is
amazing.

The office I visit [on payday only] has several of my older Macs,
7200s to 9600s, but also, we have an old SE30 in there, just for fun.
I fully remember wishing I had the dough for one of them when they
first appeared.

My only real 'wish', regarding newer features and whatnot, would be
about the video card. I would love to be able to run at least a 32MB
card in the 667, with two monitors, as the 2 monitors 'split' the
16MB on the radeon that shipped with the 667s. Oh well.

I already see a 'reconditioned' 17" Ti, maxed on RAM, both regular
and video, some time shortly after the advent of the dual-DDRs. A
later 'rev', and who knows which version of 10.X.x....

Patience isn't just a virtue, it's a necessity.

~flipper

P.S. My laptop, before the 667? A Powerbook 150  <laughs> And i loved
that one too.