[Ti] Aesthetics?

Kynan Shook kshook at mac.com
Wed Jan 8 08:10:32 PST 2003

Well, as the Jonathan Ive (VP of Industrial Design) put it: "The
17-inch display defines the x-y, but the real challenge is with the
product's thickness."  The keyboard on the new computers is exactly the
same size as the previous PowerBook G4 keyboards, at least size-wise
(there's an extra eject key-now separate from the F12 key).  When you
look at photos, you're seeing the extra 2 inches of width and .7 inches
of depth, making the keyboard appear to be smaller.

FWIW, I believe that the actual computer portion of the laptop (ie
excluding the display) is thinner than before, in order to accommodate
a thicker display module (possibly because of airport, probably also
because of the larger display).

Marcus Raitner <raitner at fmi.uni-passau.de> writes:
> am I the only one who thinks that the 17" PowerBook has lost a lot of
> the appealing beauty of the Titaniums?
>
> Sure, Aluminium is cool. Especially for those of us having these paint
> issues. And it's 17", which is huge I must admit.
>
> What I don't like are the proportions. Why is the keyboard so small? To
> me it looks too small in both dimensions.

Kynan Shook
kshook at mac.com
http://homepage.mac.com/kshook/index.html