[Ti] The most disappointing announcement.

Phillip McGree phil at phil.net.au
Wed Jan 8 09:51:01 PST 2003

>>I'm always amazed at the wide range of opinions that surface after Apple  announces some new product.  In this case, I can't tell if Phillip is serious or satirical about a 23" Powerbook.  Are you?
>
>Maybe he is, maybe he isn't, but there exists some monster that has basically two 14" screens side by side. Weighs a ton, but looks very impressive.

Oh come on people, I would have thought that by putting a definition of sarcasm at the bottom of the post (with a matching URL) would have been enough of a hint!!  Consider yourselves to have flunked out on Bleeding Obvious 101.

Maybe it's just an Australian only term, but here we call it "taking the piss".  All this serious snobby carry on is just begging for someone to "take the piss".

Really...   a 23" PowerBook??????  Come on guys, get some reality!

Besides, I'm holding out for the holographic screen.  Should liven up the porno popups quite nicely!

I don't know about you lot, but if I had an automotive equivalent of a PowerBook 15" 1gig (eg 2003 Ferrari) and suddenly a 2004 Ferrari came out a few weeks later then it would just seem so stupid and trivial to hold a grudge about it.

Rgds,
Phil
(no Ferrari, and no PowerBook 1 gig)

.