[Ti] The most disappointing announcement.

Chris Olson chris at astcomm.net
Wed Jan 8 10:38:02 PST 2003

Ron Woodland wrote:
> Good on ya, Phillip!  Leave it to an Aussie to give us a much needed
> reality check.  BTW, what is the automotive equivalent for the original
> model TiBook 400 MHz that I have?

I have one of those too, jumped to 500 MHz, and there is very little
noticeable difference between it and my 800.  Plus I have a G3
Wallstreet with a Sonnet G3/500 upgrade that works perfectly, and
actually performs as well as the G4/400 --> 500 MHz in most cases.

I also have a Dell Latitude with a PIII/800 mobile, and the old G3
Wallstreet running Jaguar is noticeably better performing than the Dell,
especially with graphics or multimedia applications.
--
Chris