17" Big AlBook: DDR,G4, Buss

Obrecht, Jerry A Jerry.A.Obrecht at mdnt.com
Wed Jan 8 15:10:41 PST 2003

>You know, there's a part of me that agrees with this.  Luckily, my 1Ghz
>powerbook hadn't shipped as of today, so the order was canceled, and
>I'll be ordering a 17" powerbook.
>While the powerbook 15.2" is not nearly obsolete, when making my latest
>tibook purchase, I wanted a machine that would last me the length of
>applecare (3 years) easily.
>Well, 2 months after I ordered my powerbook, Apple releases the
>powerbook that really has the potential to do this: ....
Regarding DDR RAM, does anyone know which Moto G4 processor is in the 17" Big AlBook?  I wonder if the processor can communicate at DDR rate with the main memory?  Or is still limited to DDR rate to the L3 cache like the 15" TiBook's G4?  Regarding the main bus speed, the new Big Al has a faster bus (167MHz) than the 15" (133MHz): another advantage.

Jerry